This lovely old, well cared for, two-story home is located on the Fletcher Farm Road, formerly called the Upper River Road on the old maps. It has remained on its former site and is a wood frame with clapboard. The high gabled roof supports two brick chimneys, located on each end. Overhanging eaves show exposed rafter ends. An open verandah goes around two sides of the house, with an upper single porch open to the second floor. Windows are double hung two-pane types.
The house appears to fit Stick Style with its steeply pitched cross gables and decorative trusses. The porch supports are embellished with ornamental wood details. The Stick Style was built between 1860 and 1880.
There is an out building close to the house and a wood shingled two-car garage across the driveway.
Open land and woodland surround the buildings and it is visible from the road. Renovations and improvements have taken place, yet it retains its original integrity, both inside and out.
In researching the ownership of the home, it has been found that Louise M. Lennon and William D. Lennon deeded the property, east half of Lot 199 in the Town of Franklin, to John Sprague in 1893 for $1,500.00. At some time after that, and before 1907, John Sprague must have sold the property to Emery M. LaDuke and taken back a mortgage. A foreclosure occurred and the property was sold at public auction to the highest bidder, John Sprague.
Later deeds show that John Sprague deeded the property to Charles C. Plumley, Liber 143 - Page 143, dated October 19, 1911. Charles C. Plumley deeded to Cecilia Plumley. Cecilia Plumley deeded the 146 acres in Lot 199 to Edward and Jean Baltzly on October 26,1989, who are the present owners.